Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday = Fresh Start!

     Hi there! Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Speaking of weekends, isn't it hard to stay on track with diet and exercise when all you really want to do is lay around and snack on everything you can?  It's definitely a task to stay on top of things, but why waste a week of hard work on a weekend?  That's why I feel it is very important for everyone to have something to look forward to, you need a GOAL.  This goal could be wanting to lose pounds for a future trip, tone arms to wear a killer dress, or just make sure you eat as many fruits or vegetables as you can.

     After spending this past weekend home with my family with a full fridge of snacks and multiple meals out at my favorite restaurants, I realized how important a GOAL is in your life.  For me, I  am going on a cruise for Spring Break with 20 of my friends and I want to walk around in a bathing suit with no image problems or anything to worry about at all - so, when I went to P.F. Changs with my family and really really wanted the Sweet and Sour Chicken and fried rice, I remembered that would not help me get to my goal and opted for the Asian Grilled Salmon.  That being said, we are always working toward a goal or maintaing a goal, so any decision you make could help you move forward or move you further away from your goal.

    My one problem with keeping my goal is my love of sweets - chocolate especially - which you can't really have all the time.  I recently found the perfect treat called Vita Tops (check them out here).  There are the best part of the muffin and only 90 - 100 calories.  With flavors like chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, and apple crisp, there are so many to options to satisfy your cravings.  Vitalicious also makes brownies, breakfast sandwiches and large muffins for snacking.  Check out the website and go pick up a box in your local grocery store, usually in the frozen foods section.  Trust me, my freezer is stocked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment