Monday, January 24, 2011

Hi There! :)

     Hey Everyone, welcome to my new blog!  I'm really excited to start blogging about something I worry and live around everyday - being healthy - because I feel that even if you don't need to lose weight, it's important to live a healthy lifestyle, as it just makes you feel better about yourself!  I'm always trying to stay healthy and I'll admit, it can be VERY hard.  As a new 21 year old living the sorority lifestyle, it's not always easy to hold back on that scoop of pasta, piece of birthday cake or even that one more beer out at Swamp, but it will be worth it!  I've never been a stick and have always needed to stay active for my body type, but luckily I have an athletic build and love sports so it goes hand in hand.

     The biggest problem I have, along with many of my friends, is loving MY body.  I see my size 2 friends and get so jealous, but my fit body and muscles are great - or at least people tell me that - so this journey is all about loving your own skin and being comfortable in it.  So my first piece of advice is don't base your judgment off other's bodies, because they aren't and will never be YOU!

     The tool to help you get there that everyone should use is MyFitnessPal.com.  You can sign up for free and track all your meals, drinks and exercise everyday.  The logs give you hints, your improvements you've made and even the amount of calories you've had that day.  All you do is sign in, type in what you ate (they have brands to click with servings), log your exercise  and everything is at your finger tips!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment